ASM – Asynchronous Motors
The Sturdy Work-Horses
Asynchronous motors (ASM) are robust and inexpensive drives for mains, frequency converter or servo operation. They can be used in a wide field weakening range. In open loop modes of operation their rotary speed is dependent on the load. Their performance can be enhanced with copper squirrel-cage rotors instead of aluminium rotors. They can be used up to insulation classification H without any need for special measures.
SERVAX recommends asynchronous motors as a first choice if sturdy but easily maintained drives are required. They are suitable for a broad palette of applications – where a constant rotary speed is needed and where a constant output is required across a broad range. Last but not least, they are ideal for machines and equipment with very high operating temperatures.
We will develop and manufacture customized asynchronous motors in the following formats:
- Models with exterior diameters from 60 to approximately 400 mm
- As a complete motor or as motor components
- Air or liquid cooled
- Internal or external rotors
- Copper or aluminium squirrel-cages
- Number of poles matched to suit the application
- Impregnated or encapsulated windings
- Efficiency class as specified by the customer
- Rotary feedback device to suit the application