TC - Torque Motors
The Slow-Speed Direct Drive
Torque motors are mostly permanent magnet synchronous motors which are normally designed as pure direct drives. This is why torque motors are often called high-pole-low-speed and are primarily designed to provide a high torque level. This is specifically achieved by the use of a large number of powerful magnets.
Area of Application: High Permanent Torque Levels where Space is Restricted
SERVAX recommends torque motors for applications requiring low rotational speeds but high permanent torque levels where space is restricted. The external rotor drives can be designed with very compact dimensions. When used with high-resolution encoders, extremely precise turntables can be achieved.
We Will Develop and Manufacture Customized Torque Motors for You in the Following Formats:
- Models with exterior diameters from 60 to approximately 400 mm
- Internal or external rotors
- Impregnated or encapsulated windings
- Air or liquid cooled
- Optimised for utilisation, rotation and overload capability
- Optimal magnetic material customized for your application
- Rotary feedback device to suit the application